If you’re curious about Selenium and the career opportunities it will bring in 2022; you’re in for a treat! In this post, we’ll explore what is Selenium? , the different career paths you can take with it, and how to get started. You’ll be ready to start your Selenium journey by the time you finish reading!
What is Selenium?
- Selenium is a popular testing tool that automates web applications. Instead of having a human manually test your web application for mistakes, you can write code that will do it for you. Jason Huggins created Selenium as an internal tool at ThoughtWorks in 2004 and then open-sourced the code the following year.
- Selenium has become the de-facto standard since then for web browser automation, with millions of downloads per year. While Selenium is primarily used for automated testing, it can also be used for web scraping and general browser automation tasks. If you need to automate any kind of web browser interaction, Selenium is your tool.
How to Get Started with Selenium?
Are you looking to get started with Selenium? There’s good news: it’s relatively easy to get the hang of. Selenium is one of the most favourable automation tool that simulate user interactions with web browsers, perfect for testing web applications. Plus, it’s free and open-source, so you don’t have to worry about licensing fees. Here’s a quick overview of what needs to be done to get started with Selenium.
- First, you’ll need to install the Selenium IDE, a Firefox plugin that lets you record and playback user interactions with a web browser. Once you’ve installed the IDE, you can start recording your test cases. As you play back the test cases, Selenium will automatically generate the code needed to reproduce your actions. This code can then be exported to a programming language of your choice, so you can automate the tests.
- That’s all you need to get started with Selenium! You can start automating your web browser tests with just a few clicks. So why wait? Install Selenium today and start streamlining your testing process.
Selenium Career Opportunities in 2022
- As technology advances, so makes the demand for qualified Selenium testers. The Selenium testing tool is becoming increasingly popular in the software development industry and having the right skill set, you will get many career opportunities.
- To become a Selenium tester, you will need strong technical skills and knowledge of programming languages. One should also be able to effectively communicate with clients and team members.
- As a Selenium tester, you will be responsible for testing software applications to ensure that they maintain the quality standards and meet customer expectations. You will also be required to create and execute test plans and report and track defects.
- If you are interested in growing your career in Selenium testing, many resources are available to help you get started. Selenium has an online forum where you can ask questions and connect with other testers. There are also several training courses available to teach you the skills you need to be successful in this field.
Popular Selenium Job Opportunities Available in the IT Sector
- Selenium Automation Engineer
- Java Selenium Automation Engineer
- Software Development Test Engineer
- Senior Quality Engineer – Automation
As a Selenium Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver. Your other responsibilities will include executing test cases and reporting defects. In addition, you will be required to maintain a high level of quality assurance throughout the software development process.
Future Scope Of Selenium: Major Companies Hiring Selenium Testers
- Selenium is a great tool for automating web-based applications. It has become increasingly popular among test engineers and developers in recent years. As the software industry grows, the demand for Selenium testers is going to rise.
- Major companies such as Google, Facebook, and Amazon currently hire Selenium testers. In addition, Selenium is also being used by major corporations such as Barclays, HSBC, Accenture, Microsoft, etc. With the rapid growth of the software industry, the demand for Selenium testers is expected to continue growing in the coming years.
- Selenium is considered one of the most essential Automation Testing tools that is used for web-based applications, and there is a bright future ahead for those who are skilled in using it.
As you can see, Selenium is a powerful tool that can automate web-based applications. It’s growing more prominent in the software development sector, and people with the relevant skill set can find plenty of job opportunities.