steam user search complete guide will be described in this article. Steam is home to quite a few online games. It also has an entire social aspect to it i.e., it’s more than just a gaming platform. The Steam client has built-in chat that you can use to talk to your friends as you play.
Steam User Search How To Search For Players On Steam
In this article, you can know about steam user search here are the details below;
Steam User Search
In order to use Steam, everyone must create an account. Each user sets their own display name and chooses to make their profile public or private. If you have a public profile, other users can find you by searching for it. Likewise, you can find other users.
To find a user, you need one of the following;
- A username
- A link to a user’s profile
1. Search Steam community
You can search for users from the Steam community tab.
- Open the Steam client or visit the Steam website.
- Click Community.
- In the Find People field, enter a username or a link to a profile.
- Tap Enter.
- Look through the results and find the person you’re looking for.
2. Search friends
You can use Steam’s friends; chat and list to look for users but this search will only look through your friends’ list. It is not a general search of all Steam users. You must be logged into Steam. Also check Activate Fxnetworks
- Open the Steam client.
- Click the Friends & Chat button at the base right.
- Click inside a quest bar and enter a username.
- Tap enter and look for a user.
3. Find recently played
You’re free to play games with anyone on Steam. If you ever play an online game and want to connect with some of the players, you can check who you’ve recently played with.
- Open Steam.
- Click your profile name at the top (next to Community).
- Click Recently played from the column on the left.
- You will see a list of players you’ve recently played a game with. The list is sorted by games.
Username vs profile link
You can explore for a user by their username or a profile link however, a profile link is a far more accurate way to search for users. Steam permits multiple users to have the same username so you may be looking at a very long list of players when trying to find a particular person. Also check Ways to Fix Video Buffering
If a user has their profile set to private, you won’t be able to find them via search.
Steam Friend Finder: CONCLUSION
Steam offers players a large community to interact with. You can find players who play the same games as you and plan gaming sessions with them via Steam.