How to Fix PS4 Controller Drift will be described in this article. The instructions are for the Sony DualShock 4 controller that came with the game, but the troubleshooting advice also applies to other controllers.
How to Fix PS4 Controller Drift In 2023
In this article, you can know about How to Fix PS4 Controller Drift In 2023 here are the details below;
Causes of PS4 Controller Drift
Analog stick drift is probably to blame if your character or the camera keeps moving when you aren’t pressing the controller. Also check Steam Keeps Crashing on Windows
Drift on the PS4 controller can be caused by one of two things:
The analogue stick needs cleaning.
The potentiometer or analogue stick is broken.
Regular use will result in general wear and tear.
Before disassembling the controller, you should investigate getting it replaced or repaired if cleaning the controller is unable to fix the issue.
How to Fix PS4 Controller Analog Stick Drift
Make sure your controller is off, then perform the procedures listed below to get it back in working order.
Test the analogue sticks by circling them while pressing the L3 and R3 keys after attempting each fix (by pressing on the analogue stick).
- Reset Your PS4 Controller. Many problems that emerge out of nowhere can be resolved by resetting the DualShock 4.
Try a hard reset if a soft reset doesn’t work.
- Clean your PS4 controller. Use a dry microfiber cloth to gently wipe the analogue stick’s crevices.
Use a cotton swab dipped in a solution of water and isopropyl alcohol to remove dirt.
Use pressurised air to move any dirt that you can’t reach with your hands.
Cleaning your DualShock 4 controller every few months helps to minimise buildup that can lead to issues.
- Get Your PS4 controller repaired or replaced by song. Your controller might still be covered by warranty if it is a more recent model. Also check Ways To Fix Roku TV Volume Too Loud On Lowest Setting
To find out if you’re eligible for a free repair or replacement, visit the PlayStation Repair & Replace website, select DualShock 4, and then follow the instructions.
- Disassemble your PS4 controller to clean the analogue stick. You must take off the outer shell and elevate the battery to have access to the motherboard in order to thoroughly clean the controller inputs.
Make use of a cotton swab and an isopropyl alcohol and water solution.
Avoid applying pressured air to the inner components.
Be very careful not to disconnect anything other than the motherboard’s battery when disassembling your PS4 controller.
- Replace the PS4 analog sticks. You can try changing the analogue sticks and the potentiometer if you have the required tools and are prepared to put in the work (the sensor for the analogue sticks).
You’ll need a soldering iron in addition to the parts, which you can get online.
Purchasing a new controller is the more cost-effective and convenient option unless you wish to do it yourself.
Your PS4 controller’s warranty will be nullified if the outer casing is removed, so only do it after the warranty has run out.
On a PS4, how do I fix corrupted data?
Delete the problematic game and reinstall it to fix a PS4 with corrupted data.
When a game download error occurs, go to Notifications > Options > Downloads, highlight the corrupted title that is greyed out, and choose Options > Delete.
You might also try upgrading the software and cleaning the game disc.
How can I fix the PS4’s HDMI port?
Make sure the HDMI cable can connect properly and is completely seated in the PS4 port before trying to fix it.
Try connecting your system to a different HDMI port, connecting your system to a different HDTV, or using a different HDMI cable to diagnose the problem.
How can I fix a PS4 that won’t power on?
Try unplugging the power cable for at least 30 seconds and then plugging it back in to see if that fixes the problem when a PS4 won’t turn on. Also check How to Fix Instagram Keeps Logging Out
The PS4 should also be power cycled, the cable should be changed, a different power source should be tried, and the console should be dusted off.