Hey, Folks! Have you recently experienced error code 0x800f0988 while upgrading your Windows 10 PC? If yes. then you are at the correct place, our troubleshooting guide will assist you find an appropriate service to error 0x800f0988 on Windows 10. This post highlights 5 basic however efficient strategies to repair the same problem. This error restricts the device from setting up any readily available updates.
How To Fix Error Code 0x800f0988 Windows 10 Complete Guide
In this article, you can know about how to fix error code 0x800f0988 here are the details below;
But, before we move on towards the numerous repairs and options, let’s get a short understanding of the error code 0x800f0988 initially.
What Is The Error Code 0x800f0988 On Windows 10?
Previously in Feb 2020, Microsoft launched the KB4532693 upgrade for Windows 10 to repair the Start menu and File explorer search concerns. Regrettably, the update caused a lot of difficulty to the users and prevented them from setting up the update. You can also check another post like how to change Netflix download location windows.
It is reported that the error code 0x800f0988 can impact the total efficiency of your gadget including Wi-fi concerns, Startup problems and can likewise lead to BSOD problems. If you wish to install the Windows update on your device, describe our step-to-step guide to solve the concerns connected to it.
How To Fix Error Code 0x800f0988 On Windows 10 PC? Simple And Effective Solutions
If the Windows update error has been unpleasant for a very long time, describe our workaround to fix all error code 0x800f0988 related problems.
Option 1: Run Windows Update TroubleShooter
This one offers an easy way to solve numerous Windows update associated error . Follow the below discussed quick actions to repair damaged files.
– Click on the Start Menu and after that open the Settings app.
– Now choose the Update & Security tab.
– Next, select the Troubleshoot alternative from the left-pane of your window.
– Now scroll through the right pane and find Windows Update option.
– Click on the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ choice.
– Wait up until the procedure completes.
Finally, reboot your computer and inspect if the error code still exists. If yes, then proceed to our option number two.
Option 2: Clean WinSxS Folder
Cleaning WinSxS folder junk can also help you solve issues associated with error code 0x800f0988. You can take the assistance of Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) for the same. Here’s how:
– Press Windows + S key to release the Search window on your device.
– Now type ‘cmd’ to open the Command prompt.
– Right-click on it to release the context menu. Select “Run As Administrator” here.
– Next, click on the Yes button on the UAC prompt window to confirm your actions.
– Now, in the freshly displayed windows type “dism/ online/ cleanup-image/ startcomponentcleanup” and push the Enter secret.
– Let the procedure total.
– Restart your computer and check if you can set up the upgrade now.
Option 3: Remove Additional Languages
In many cases, it is likewise noticed that getting rid of the extra languages has likewise provided workable solutions. Follow the below listed easy actions to repair error 0x800f0988 on your Windows 10 PC.
– Launch the Windows Settings app on your computer system by pressing the Windows + I key.
– Now select the Time & Language option and select the Language tab from the left pane.
– Now describe the right-pane and choose English (United States) from the Preferred Languages section.
– Remove the other default languages by clicking the remove button adjacent to them.
– Save the modifications and after that reboot your gadget.
Now, attempt to set up the Windows updates and see if the issue is solved, if not proceed to our next method for more information about how to fix error code 0x800f0988.
Option 4: Reset Windows Update Component
Doing this will likewise help you seamlessly download updates. Let’s see how it works. Also check wireless mouse not working on windows.
– Open Task Manager on your PC by right-clicking on the Taskbar.
From the Task Manager window select the File menu followed by the ‘Run New Task’ choice.
– Type cmd to produce a brand-new job. You can likewise describe the ‘Create this task with administrator advantage box for the same’.
– In the next page, type the below-mentioned commands:
- onet stop wuauserv
- onet stop cryptSvc
- onet stop bits
- onet stop msiserver
After typing each command press enter. Doing this will disable several background services.
– The next action is to rename the catroot2 and SoftwareDistribution folder. For this, get in the below-mentioned commands:
oren C: WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
oren C: WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
– Now reboot the services that you handicapped earlier. Use the below-mentioned commands for this and remember to click Enter after each command.
- onet start wuauserv
- onet start bits
- onet start cryptSvc
- onet start msiserver
– Wait for the process to finish, now reboot your gadget and attempt installing the pending Windows 10 updates once again.
If none of the above services have worked for you, you can try resetting your Windows 10 PC. Here’s how you can do it.
Option 5: Reset Windows 10 To Resolve Error 0x800f0988
This is another useful technique that you can use to repair error 0x800f0988 on Windows 10.
– From the Start Menu click on the ‘Reset this PC’ button.
– Now from the right panel click the Recovery tab followed by the ‘Get begun’ button.
– In the newly displayed window click the ‘Keep my files’ choice and then hit the Next button.
– Now press Reset.
– Finally, restart your gadget to use the modifications and set up the updates on your system.
Error Code 0x800f0988 On Windows 10 PC: Fixed
Hence, how you can fix error code 0x800f0988 in Windows 10, quickly and quickly. The workarounds mentioned above will resolve the problems connected to error 0x800f0988. Attempt and see which approaches work the very best for you. You can also check another article like best video converter software.
We hope that these approaches will help you update your Windows computer system easily, with no pain. And, which method worked for you? Do tell us in the remark box listed below so our readers will quickly detect which method is more useful, to fix the same problem. Finally, if you are satisfied with our material, then subscribe to our Newsletter for more details about the tech world. That is it! We’ll come back quickly, till then, remain in touch with us!