This post will explain error 0x800f081f. At times, when you are doing an installation or updating Windows, this error: 0x800f081f can appear. This happens due to the incompatibilities brought on by Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5. Normally, these incompatibilities take place when the users allow the.NET Framework. This is done utilizing the Windows PowerShell Command, the Deployment Image Servicing, and Management tool, or the setup wizard.
How To Solve Windows 10 Update Error 0x800f081f?
In this article, you can know about error 0x800f081f here are the details below;
This error can be found only on the operating systems of Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1, Windows Server variation 1709, Windows Server 2016, and Windows 10. On all these OS variations, the.NET Framework is a “Feature as needed”. Thus, when the users turn it on, the updates of Windows attempts to acquire the binaries of.NET and other important files. However, if you have not configured your computer system correctly, this error will show up since it can not discover the necessary declare the.NET. Also check g930 keeps turning off
Solutions for the Windows upgrade error 0x800f081f
So, let us see the different techniques that you can use to resolve this 0x800f081f error.
Group Policy configuration
When you are installing an application, instead of a recently installed structure, it needs a.NET structure 3.5. This error 0x800f081f is faced when the earlier version is handicapped and the path is not found. You can fix this issue by following these actions:-.
- Press the R and the Windows key at the same time to open the dialog box of “Run”.
- Now, in the Run box, you have to type in “gpedit.msc” and struck Enter”.
- After that, you will go into the “Local group policy editor”.
- In the Group Policy Editor, get in the folder of “Computer setups” then the folder of “Administrative Templates” and after that go to “System”.
- Now, you need to pick the “Specify settings for optional element installation and component repair work” alternative and double-click on it.
- A brand-new window will open and here you have to make it possible for the choice and then pick the choice of “OK”.
Doing this, the error 0x800f081f Windows upgrade will hopefully be resolved. However, if the issue is still there, you can relocate to the next service.
Usage DISM command for enabling.NET structure.
You can enable the.NET structure with the help of the DISM command. Follow the steps given below to use the DISM command and enable the.NET structure. Also check watching sports
- Open the Command Prompt with administrative advantages.
- Key in the offered command.
Dism/ online/ enable-feature/featurename: NetFx3All/Source:: \ sources \ sxs/ LimitAccess.
- Discuss the path where the ISO is located, you need to point out the letter of the drive.
- Set up the ISO and the process will be initiated.
Doing this, the error 0x800f081f will get solved and you will have the ability to install your updates and other applications also.
Reinstalling.NET Framework 3.5.
You can likewise install a new variation of.NET Framework 3.5 to fix this 0x800f081f error. You can follow these actions for setting up the.NET Framework 3.5:-. Also check Benefits of YouTube for students
- Go to the choice of “Settings” and after that select the choice of “Apps”. After that, you have to click on the option of “Apps and Features”. Then, scroll down the list and click on the choice of ‘Related Settings”. After that, pick the alternative of “Programs and Features”.
- Then, on the new window, you need to go to the upper left corner of the screen and choose the option of “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- Last but not least, for the option of “. Internet Framework 3.5” you need to check the checkbox located beside it. Then, click “OK”. The installation will be completed within a few minutes. The speed will differ depending on your web speed.
After this procedure, the error of 0x800f081f Windows 10 upgrade will probably be fixed.
Detach all the USB devices.
This error can sometimes happen due to the USB gadgets linked to your system. For this reason, it is better to get rid of any connected USB devices from your computer. After doing this, examine if the error 0x800f081f is still there.
Utilizing the Windows upgrade troubleshooter.
- Press the “Start” secret and type “troubleshooting” in the search bar.
- From the search engine result, you will be able to discover the choice of Troubleshooter.
- After that, choose the alternative of “System & Security”. Next, you need to go to the “Fix issues with Windows Update” choice. This will help you to launch the “Windows upgrade troubleshooter.
- Then, select the choice of “advanced”, and after that check the box beside the alternative of “Apply repair work instantly”. After that, select the option of “Run as Administrator” and click the button of “Next”.
Now, you need to follow the on-screen guideline to complete the process successfully. Examine if the Windows update error 0x800f081f is fixed or not. If not, you can transfer to the next solution.
Manually setting up the Windows upgrade.
You can likewise download the updates manually from the “Microsoft Update Catalog History”.
- You need to type the name of the update that you want in the Search box and struck Enter.
- Now, from the list of outcomes, you have to choose the upgrade that you are searching for.
- After that, press on the button of “Add” for the updates that you wish to download. This will include all your chosen updates in the basket.
- When you have selected all the updates you need, you have to click on the option of “view basket”.
- After confirming the list to make sure that all the downloads that you need are there, you can now push the alternative of “Download”. If you see any prompts for a licence, you need to accept it.
- Then, you need to pick the location where you desire the updates to get downloaded.
- Now, you need to start the download by clicking “Continue”.
- Next, you have to close the window of “Download” after the downloading process is total.
- After that, go to the area where you have conserved the updates and after that you need to set up each of them by double-clicking on the files.
You have to follow the on-screen directions for effectively setting up the updates.
I hope that the above options will assist you fix the error 0x800f081f on Windows 10. These are extremely easy and reliable methods that you can implement and you will not face any problem in installing an application or downloading an update.