Best free cloud file sync software will be described in this article. The top free cloud file syncing programmes for Windows are listed below. As you probably already know, users can increase their storage space thanks to cloud storage services, which are highly popular right now. However, you are unable to directly sync locally held files and folders with your cloud storage. Most cloud providers also offer desktop clients that you may install on your Windows system to help alleviate this issue. After the desktop client has been installed successfully, you can quickly sync a few folders with the appropriate cloud storage services. The majority of cloud sync programmes can only sync locally held data with a single cloud storage software. However, other systems enable users to sync their data with a variety of cloud storage providers, including Google Drive, Onedrive, Dropbox, and others.
Most of these programmes allow you to easily upload files to cloud storage in addition to synchronising locally held folders with the latter. Some software also includes backup and restore tools that make it simple to upload copies of crucial files and applications to cloud storage. Another crucial tool that lets users choose the timings of cloud file synchronisation is Sync Schedule. Additionally, some software offers functionality like data sharing and cloud media streaming. For more software on these programmes, look through the list.
My preferred software, odrive, enables you to sync your files with numerous cloud storage services. Additionally, it enables you to distribute your cloud storage capacity across other users.
Check out the top free cloud productivity software, cloud helpdesk software, and cloud ebook reader software for Windows lists as well.
Top 11 Best Free Cloud File Sync Software in 2022
Top 11 Best Free Cloud File Sync Software in 2022 are explained here.
This is another cloud file sync software. For Windows and Linux, odrive is a free cloud file synchronisation programme. You may quickly synchronise one or more folders on your machine with your current cloud repository benefits, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc., with this software. This software will transmit a copy of whatever data you enter into sync folders to the designated cloud storage services. Check out this software’s major features right now.
You can synchronise and unsynchronize one or more folders with your cloud storage by using the Sync and Unsync functionalities.
- Share Link: By using it, you can allow other users to access and view synced data by sharing a link to synchronised folders.
- Encryption Folder: With the help of this function, you may encrypt files and data to provide your data an extra layer of security.
- Share Storage Space: Users can share their storage space with one or more other users using this function.
- Authorize Users: Add the account information of additional users so they can access cloud storage and synced folders.
Another excellent cloud file synchronisation tool, it automatically syncs data from particular folders with additional cloud storage services.
Free cloud storage service Dropbox offers a desktop client that can be used to sync files to the cloud. Windows, Linux, and macOS all support it. You may quickly synchronise particular folders with Dropbox cloud storage by using this software. Let’s quickly review this software’s major features.
- Sync Setup: Users can choose one or more system folders to synchronise with the Dropbox cloud while installing the Dropbox app. After then, any fresh data will be immediately synced with the cloud storage in the synchronised folders.
- Recent: You may view all of the file names that have been automatically synchronised with Dropbox cloud storage in this section.
- Search: This feature allows you to look for files in the synced folder and Dropbox cloud storage.
- Gmail Integration: Using this client’s support for Gmail integration, users can instantly attach Dropbox files to emails.
It is yet another top-notch cloud file synchronisation programme that enables you to sync numerous folders with Dropbox cloud storage.
Another free cloud file synchronisation programme for Windows and macOS is Google Drive Backup & Sync. Users may quickly synchronise any folder and system drive with the Google Drive cloud storage service using this Google Drive client. Look at the main characteristics of this software right now. This is another cloud file sync software.
- Choose Folder: This feature lets you pick one or more folders to have their data synchronised with Google Drive.
- Google Photos: You can synchronise photo and video files with Google Photos rather than Google Drive by turning on this feature.
- Support for USB Devices and SD Cards: This client also enables users to sync their SD cards and USB data storage devices with Google Drive.
- Pause Sync: Users have the option to stop syncing at any time.
Anyone can use this easy-to-use cloud file synchronisation tool to sync their preferred system directories with Google Drive.
Another free cloud file synchronisation programme for Windows is OneDrive. OneDrive is primarily a cloud storage cloud for storing files. You can install a desktop client from it on your Windows computer as well. A more recent version of Windows 10 is also preinstalled on this client by default. You must sign in using your Outlook account to activate this client. Users can sync a system folder with the Onedrive cloud using this client. Check out the key characteristics of this cloud file synchronisation programme now.
- Onedrive Folder: Using this software, you may save information, files, and folders that you want to sync with the Onedrive cloud in a Onedrive folder that is automatically created.
- Personal Value: You may safely save all of your sensitive data and files using this function, which is secured by two-step verification.
- Pause Sync: You can use this feature at any moment to halt synchronisation between your OneDrive folder and the OneDrive cloud.
- Jam: With the help of it, you can instantly backup all the information stored in the Desktop, Pictures, and Documents Folders.
Users of Onedrive can store up to 5 GB of data for free. You must upgrade to the premium version of the cloud storage service to receive more space.
It is yet another useful cloud file synchronisation programme that also provides a convenient personal vault to increase the security of your data.
Another free cloud file synchronisation programme for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android is called GoodSync. You may do one-way and two-way synchronisation using this software. Additionally, it enables you to sync local drives and folders with a number of online cloud storage providers, including Google Drive, Onedrive, Dropbox, and others. Let’s quickly review this software’s major features.
- New Job: By using it, you may manually define input and output folders in the selected Cloud services, after which the synchronisation procedure will begin.
- Auto Sync: This feature is by default turned off, but you may turn it on at any moment to automatically sync local folders with cloud storage.
- One Way and Two Way Sync: The one-way sync option allows for only one-way file synchronisation. As opposed to this, two-way sync brings parity between the input and output folders by synchronising data in both directions.
- Schedule Sync: Users can choose the schedule by which this software synchronises data through this software.
- Several Cloud Support: It allows you to add multiple cloud storage services to synchronise and move your data to various cloud storage services.
It is yet another capable tool for syncing files between your computer and several cloud storage sites.
This is another cloud file sync software. Another free cloud file synchronisation programme for Windows, macOS, and Linux is MEGAsync. You can synchronise specific folders or your complete system with MEGA cloud with this software. Let’s examine the main features that this software provides.
- Add Sync: This feature allows you to add one or more folders for MEGA to sync.
- Upload: You can use this to manually upload each file to MEGA.
- Download: This function is used to download data from the MEGA cloud, as the name implies.
- Transfers: Here, you can see the total amount of synchronised data as well as all the files that have recently been synchronised.
- Stream: By using it, you can see or stream video files kept in MEGA storage without having to download them.
Users of MEGA cloud-only can store up to 35 GB of data for free. You must buy the premium edition of the cloud storage service to get more space.
Another excellent cloud file synchronisation programme, it provides all the functionality required to transfer files and data between your computer and the MEGA cloud.
The next free cloud file synchronisation programme for Windows is called OpenDrive Sync. You can sync locally stored folders with the OpenDrive cloud storage with this software. View the key attributes of this OpenDrive Sync client right now.
- New Task: You may use it to create a new folder sync task that allows you to specify a folder that you wish to sync with the cloud of OpenDrive. The ability to synchronise several folders with the OpenDrive cloud is also available by adding numerous tasks.
- Timetable Your Backup: Use this to select the data sync schedule that this software will use to sync every piece of data.
- Sync Filter: Using this function, you can exclude a variety of files from synchronisation, including temporary files, files with specific extensions, etc.
- Email Notification: This function instantly notifies the user whether a file synchronisation was successful or unsuccessful.
Only 5 GB of cloud storage are offered for free by OpenDrive. You must buy the premium edition of the cloud service to have greater storage space.
It is a user-friendly, functional cloud file sync tool that is available to everyone without charge.
For Windows and macOS, IDrive is a free cloud file synchronisation programme. You may sync your computer with the IDrive cloud using this desktop IDrive client. Additionally, it aids with the backup of your entire system. You can also share your statistics with other people by inviting them. Check out this software’s major features right now. This is another cloud file sync software.
- Sync: You can synchronise your computer with this IDrive cloud using this component.
- Scheduler: You can use this tool to manually set up a file sync schedule that will control how this software synchronises local files and folders with IDrive.
- Backup and Restore: Make a backup of the data and folders you want, then use it to restore your system whenever you choose.
- IDrive’s free version only allows you to store files up to 5 GB in size.
It is an easy-to-use programme that allows you to sync locally held data with the IDrive cloud.
The newest free cloud file synchronisation programme for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android is called ASUS WebStorage. It is a straightforward cloud file programme that instantly sync specified files and folders with ASUS cloud storage. Look at some of the primary characteristics of this software right now.
- WebStorage Folder: When you use this software, a WebSorage folder is immediately created to which you can add files, data, folders, etc. The cloud storage and all the data added to the WebStorage folder will immediately sync.
- WebStorage Backup: With its aid, you can make a backup copy of crucial files and directories that you can later restore.
- Pause: Use it to stop syncing cloud data with the cloud.
- The free storage space offered by ASUS WebStorage is only 3 GB. You must buy the premium edition of it in order to gain access to greater storage space.
It is yet another powerful yet user-friendly cloud file sync tool for swiftly syncing local files with cloud storage.
10. Yandex Disk
This is another cloud file sync software. Another free cloud file synchronisation programme for Windows and macOS is Yandex Disk. You can quickly sync certain folders with Yandex cloud using this software. Additionally, it enables users to choose and manually upload files, pictures, and videos to the Yandex cloud. Let’s quickly review this software’s major features.
- Yandex Disk: Here, you can add any number of folders you want to sync with Yandex cloud. This software will transfer data to the cloud as soon as you enter it into synced folders in order to maintain parity.
- File Explorer: Users can manually pick and upload specific files and folders to the Yandex cloud using this software’s built-in file explorer.
- Priority: By using it, you can manually adjust the sync folders’ priority settings to ensure that high priority folders’ data uploads first.
- Short Links: You can exchange short links of data up to 50 GB in size with others by using this feature.
Only 10 GB of cloud storage are available for free on Yandex Cloud.
You can upload individual files and folders to Yandex cloud using this user-friendly cloud file sync software, which also allows you to sync folders with Yandex cloud.
Another free cloud file synchronisation programme for Windows and macOS is called Jottacloud. You can use it to synchronise one or more folders with Jottacloud storage, just like other cloud file sync programmes. Check out the key characteristics of this cloud file synchronisation programme now. This is another cloud file sync software.
- Sync: You can use it to specify a Sync folder in which to put data that you want to sync with the Hottacloud. In addition, it gives you the opportunity to add as many folders as you wish to sync with Jottacloud at the time of installation.
- Automatic Backup: After an arbitrary amount of time, this software can automatically scan and backup data.
- Schedule Backup: With this feature, you can manually define the sync schedule that this software will use to synchronise your data.
- Backup: You can quickly backup files, directories, applications, and more using it to Jottacloud.
- Transfers: By using it, users may keep track of all the data they upload and download.
Users can only store 5 GB of data for free in this edition of Jottacloud.
It is yet another powerful cloud file syncing programme that enables free folder syncing with Jottacloud.